Tuesday, May 16 - Friday, May 19: 10:00am-4:00pm
Dissertation boot camps provide multi-day opportunities for doctoral students to devote focused time and attention to one goal: making progress on their dissertations. The boot camps offer a quiet space to work, structured writing time, and writing-related resources and support; because all participants are actively engaged in writing their dissertations, the boot camps also serve to decrease the sense of isolation that many doctoral students feel during the dissertation process. The first 11 who register are confirmed a seat. This registration serves as pre-registration only; students will receive a registration confirmation email within 24 hours of registering.
A non-refundable registration fee which covers costs related to supplies and instruction is required. Please see the three-tiered fee structure below. Submit your payment here.
- $15 for all enrolled UNC Charlotte doctoral students
- $25 for all faculty/staff who are trying to finish their dissertation
- $50 for members of the community
You should sign up for a boot camp if you:
- Have an approved topic and the permission of your chair
- Need help with managing time and/or writing goals
- Are able to commit to all days of the boot camp
You should NOT sign up for a boot camp if you are:
- Still completing your coursework
- Looking for a workshop on the basics of writing a dissertation
- Conducting researching and/or reading
- In need of space to work on another writing project
Lunch will be provided on Tuesday and Thursday. Light, healthy snacks and coffee will be available throughout the boot camp. Registration deadline: May 10, 2017. Questions? Email the email@example.com